Do your work wholeheartedly and as if you were working for the Lord rather than your boss.
What this means to me:
That whatever work I do, be it in the workplace, at home or in ministry, I am to willingly work as though Jesus was my boss. When I make Jesus my boss, then I do everything I can to do the best possible work. I am not to just do the minimum to get by, I am to do my best work always. I want him to be pleased with what it is I do. Ultimately, my real reward will come from him and not my earthly leaders. There are five key characteristics I need to excel at to be successful in my work.
I need to:
- Work with enthusiasm, regardless of the type of work, big or small. I am to give it my best.
- Sharpen my skills. I should never stop developing, growing, learning and improving. (It’s never a waste of time to sharpen the “ax”.)
- Keep my word and be reliable always
- Maintain a positive attitude, even when put under pressure or in the midst of change or unrealistic demands (I need to do everything without complaining or grumbling.)
- Do more that what is expected of me, not just what is required.